Spectrum Waterfall Display Function
The spectrum waterfall function can show the changing amplitude of frequency spectrum over time. A weak signal which cannot be recognized with the spectrum scope may be found in the waterfall screen. With the high performance receiver, the IC-7700 increases your chances of making QSOs. When used in combination with spectrum and waterfall screens, you can observe detailed band activity by other stations.
Mouse Operation for Spectrum Scope
By connecting a PC mouse to the USB port, the spectrum scope can work with mouse operation. You can select operating frequency by clicking the spectrum scope.
- Left-click to change operating frequency.
- Right-click to temporarily change the receiving frequency. Release the mouse button to return.
- Click and hold a button (either left or right) and move to the right or left side of the screen to increase or decrease the operating frequency (similar to rotating the main dial).
Audio Scope Function for AF Observation
The audio scope function shows the FFT scope with waterfall and the oscilloscope of either transmitting or receiving audio*. This function can be used for observing various AF characteristics such as microphone compressor level, filter width, notch filter and receive keying waveform in CW mode.
* Transmitting audio can be shown on voice modulation modes only.
The transmit quality monitor function must be ON to monitor the transmitting audio.
Simplified Remote Control for RS-BA1*
IP remote control operation with the optional RS-BA1, the IC-7700 has a built-in RS-BA1 base station function and can be made a remote control station with simplified configuration. (Base station PC is not required.) The IC-7700 gives consistent response time as the main dial tunes smoothly. In addition, the IC-7700 can wake up from standby mode via the RS-BA1 software.
*RS-BA1 Version 1.60 (or later) is required.
Enhanced Digital Voice Recorder
In addition to a total of 200 seconds of voice memories (up to 30 seconds for each channel), the QSO recorder function records both incoming and outgoing calls into a USB flash drive. Up to 18 hours of continuous recording is possible with a 2GB disk space. Operating frequency, mode, S-meter and output power are also automatically written in the memory.
Other New or Enhanced Functions
- Waveform outline in spectrum scope (ON/OFF)
- Voice TX function transmits the recorded audio repeatedly
- Increase APF volume level up to 6dB (Adjustable by 1dB step)
- TX delay function sets the transmission timing to control a connected external linear amplifier (OFF/10ms/15ms/20ms/25ms/30ms, each for HF and 50MHz band)
- Added RIT and ⊿TX commands for CI-V remote control
- Expansion of 7MHz band (7.000-7.200MHz) for EUR version